Job Responsibilities : Sourcing Manager
Salary : 93000 per YEAR
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
Function as the primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Negotiate critical program components based on knowledge of client requirements from initial request through contract completion and turnover; this includes recommending supplier and destination options and solutions. Proactively negotiate price and contract and create reasonable preliminary budgets. Communicate with Client Sourcing/Procurement/Legal teams business partners or meeting owners and suppliers on a timely and regular basis. Follow standard operating procedures for all sourcing activities. Negotiate and contract between 100 – 200 programs worldwide on an annual basis however the scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs and may vary from client-to-client. Perform other duties as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review meeting request and conduct meeting qualification call with client.
- Develop and implement program and profit/negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers supporting the specific needs of the client.
- Utilize knowledge of domestic and international destinations to recommend appropriate venues. Maintain knowledge of new destination options value-priced destination options and promotional offerings.
- Gather all information necessary to properly source and place an event on behalf of a client including standard availability grids from designated technology tool.
- Initiate RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks logistical event needs and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
- Qualify proposals to determine if appropriate and competitive.
- Negotiate and confirm critical program components with suppliers and team utilizing basic terms and conditions and/or modifying pre-existing master policies to meet individual client requirements.
- Meet client deadlines providing availability grid based on client standards and review with client and team.
- Track supplier option dates and follows up with team members and suppliers regarding program status.
- Review all supplier contracts prior to finalization and conduct final negotiations with selected suppliers for best possible pricing and concessions to meet savings and spend expectations.
- Create meeting records in the designated meeting management system Lenos and complete all internal documentation for the program prior to turnover.
- Conduct additional negotiations with supplier(s) such as DMC companies and all other third party suppliers pre and post-sale to improve costs profitability and/or terms of targeted program components.
- May participate in program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations as required.
- Achieve appropriate benchmarking metrics as per client or company requirements.
- This role may be responsible for the responsible for the review and processing of event-based contracts through the client’s online application.
- Review contracts for needed information process per client specifications and draft ancillary agreements as needed.
- Achieve appropriate benchmarking metrics per client or company requirements.
LEADERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Work closely with client to ensure program objectives are addressed maintain open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Maintain open and on-going communication with team regarding supplier utilization key negotiations performance and unique programming ideas. Advise team on preferred hotels and help direct decisions to those hotels participating in the Preferred Program.
- Partner with third party suppliers to understand and negotiate their services as needed. Advise team members as appropriate regarding new or revised information from suppliers.
- May be requested to manage VIP negotiations.
FINANCIAL AND REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY:
- Advise Meeting Management Team and business partner or meeting owners of initial deposit requirements.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial and estimated budget and cost savings information as needed.
- Maintain tracking information of all tentative sold and canceled programs in business program management system.
- Maintain accurate records system input and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Team Leader or other leaders.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions.
- Minimal travel required.
- CMP designation preferred
- Experience in hotel buying required
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of domestic hotels and destinations required international a plus
- Knowledge of travel supplier operations overall capabilities/range of services
- Program management system experience preferred especially with an online sourcing tool (such as Cvent Lanyon or Lenos)
- Understanding of and ability to effect win/win solutions
- Operations experience in hospitality industry or equivalent a plus
- Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships
- Prior experience in effectively handling multiple projects/demands
- Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance
Click Here : Apply Now