Job Responsibilities : Sales Associate Salary : $21 per hour Company : American Express Global Business Travel Location : Remote US
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights tools services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 18000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments while more importantly providing extraordinary traveler care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products services and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes.
We are committed to ensuring that our global workforce experiences a culture of belonging that leverages the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives of our colleagues clients partners and communities to foster a high performing multicultural and inclusive organization. We believe that a culture where everyone feels engaged has a voice and is empowered to achieve their full potential is core to our purpose and success.
Get ready to take your career to new heights.
For more information about American Express GBT please refer to our website: https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/about-us/
If you have previous experience in sales/new business development selling virtually and seek the opportunity to generate new business within a shared territory build influential relationships with new prospects and develop a web of influence at senior levels all while achieving true work/life balance; navigate your great at American Express Global Business Travel with over 150 years of innovation behind us our future could not look more promising.
The Sales Associate will be responsible for the generation of new sales in the Small & Medium Enterprise Market segment. He/she will provide integrated solutions both online and offline to help corporations manage and optimize their travel spend/investment; accomplished through process and purchase savings. He/she will also build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders along with building and developing senior level client contacts to work and contribute in a team approach. This is an individual contributor role primarily focused virtual selling to acquire new business. The successful candidate must have knowledge in technology solutions and a keen ability to deliver client specific based solutions. He/she must also have the confidence and discipline to cold-call potential customers as well as the consultative selling skills to provide solutions to potential customers.
The Sales Associate will grow and increase revenue through a combination of responsibilities and skills:
- Increase profitability by proactively identifying new opportunities and delivering innovative solutions that continue to add value and expand American Express Global Business Travel’s web of influence.
- Lead sales efforts to deliver multiple revenue streams and further penetrate accounts with a focus on driving premium revenue.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers organizational culture and the competitive position of clients.
- Must be able to ‘get under the skin’ of the individual clients they work with and understand their individual needs motivations and ‘hot buttons’ in order to develop truly customer focused solutions.
- Research the marketplace and competitor products and services to highlight the value that distinguishes GBT products and specifically leverages MI benchmarking and technology as critical value drivers.
- Enhance the American Express Global Business Travel value proposition through policy consultation researching white paper needs technology road mapping optimizing online solutions and event content development.
- A strong understanding of the external marketplace and in‑depth knowledge of the power of the GBT value proposition.
- Exceptional relationship management and consultative sales skills
- A sophisticated ability to synthesize client needs.
- Minimum 3 years of business development experience.
- Generate new pipeline through prospect engagements (cold calling email outreach inbound lead management networking LinkedIn etc.)
- Have a hunter mentality in identifying new potential opportunities across net new and existing leads and contacts
- Proven innovative problem-solving abilities and decision-making skills required in addition to project management prioritization and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation skills including the ability to handle objections and achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain a comprehensive network both internally and externally to successfully navigate through client organizations.
- Highly articulate written and verbal communication skills with a sophisticated range of communication and presentation skills to present complex ideas in a simple and compelling way to a wide variety of audiences through a virtual setting (Zoom WebEx)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn understand and articulate key product and value proposition knowledge in a variety of contexts.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical mindset required to leverage the key drivers of profitability with the ability to demo our suite of products via online technologies.
- Strong Business acumen required to communicate the Amex/Business Travel value proposition up to and including the “C Suite”.
- Proficient in SalesForce.com and Microsoft Office Suites (Excel Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong industry experience
- SaaS sales experience preferred but not required.
- This position is remote and will be required to work MST/PST business hours
United States>Arizona>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement