Job Responsibilities : Manager & Counsel Salary : $84000 per year Company : Amex Location : Remote US
General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Negotiate technology-related agreements with prospective clients including drafting and reviewing technical SOWs and term sheets in accordance with established contract approval processes.
- Negotiate and draft reseller agreements referral agreements partner agreements and vendor agreements.
- Strategize with Sales team on deal approach and negotiations.
- Respond to multiple daily contract questions from internal clients including Sales Account Management Pricing Finance/Accounting and senior leadership.
- Review operational and technical documentation advertising and marketing materials for legal adequacy.
- Conduct contract research and reporting to support Compliance team.
- Take on special projects related to reporting on data processes within the contract management system.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- JD degree from accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois or qualified to become licensed in Illinois.
- 2+ years of relevant legal experience with drafting negotiating and reviewing contracts.
- Experience drafting and negotiating SaaS and other technology contracts (preferred).
- Hands-on experience in working with internal and external clients (preferred).
- Experience with US and global data privacy regulations (preferred).
- Able to explain complex legal and business issues in business-friendly guidance.
- Comfortable working in a small collegial team of seasoned attorneys and legal managers.
- Strong credibility judgment and integrity.
- Able to own work streams from inception through resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints.
- Spanish or French language fluency (preferred).
- Location: 2 Pierce Place Suite 900 Itasca IL 60143
- Workplace Flexibility: In the greater Chicagoland area potential to work remotely on a regular basis based on current projects and team needs. Outside of local area fully remote.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small granting access tools and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people providing a culture of learning and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills conquer new challenges or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path we’re right there with them giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin veteran status disability status age or any other status protected by law.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.