Job Responsibilities: Booking Clerk/Secretary
Salary: $23.40 an hour
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Women’s Clinic, Vancouver General Hospital
Temporary Part-Time (0.8 FTE)
As soon as possible until approximately March 2022
$23.40 per hour
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Booking Clerk/Secretary at Vancouver General Hospital!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Booking Clerk/Secretary to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital.
As a Booking Clerk/Secretary, you will provide scheduling/booking, clerical, and reception functions for the Women’s Clinic at Vancouver General Hospital. Your duties may include:
- Scheduling and booking a variety of client/patient appointments and follow up visits, tests, and referrals, maintaining appointment calendars for all designated physicians and/or other designated health care professionals, maintaining and printing daily schedules that integrate activities from various sites as needed, rearranging schedules to meet changing demands/requests and preparing and confirming client/patient information.
- Maintaining client/patient charts, entering data into a computerized system, and updating statistics on client/patient attendance.
- Arranging for patient transportation.
- Providing clerical functions that include typing technical and non-technical materials proficiently utilizing a variety of computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Providing reception services by greeting clients/patients and others and directing them to appropriate areas and/or responding to general inquiries.
- Answering and responding to phone messages or forwarding callers to appropriate health care professional or other personnel.
- Maintaining departmental equipment, supplies and filing systems.
- Performing timekeeping functions for designated staff as required.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Click Here : Apply Now