Job Responsibilities: Booking Clerk/Secretary
Salary: $23.40 an hour
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Come work as a Booking Clerk/Secretary at Vancouver General Hospital!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Booking Clerk/Secretary to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital.
As a Booking Clerk/Secretary, you will provide scheduling/booking, clerical, and reception functions for the Women’s Clinic at Vancouver General Hospital. Your duties may include:
- Scheduling and booking a variety of client/patient appointments and follow up visits, tests, and referrals, maintaining appointment calendars for all designated physicians and/or other designated health care professionals, maintaining and printing daily schedules that integrate activities from various sites as needed, rearranging schedules to meet changing demands/requests and preparing and confirming client/patient information.
- Maintaining client/patient charts, entering data into a computerized system, and updating statistics on client/patient attendance.
- Arranging for patient transportation.
- Providing clerical functions that include typing technical and non-technical materials proficiently utilizing a variety of computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Providing reception services by greeting clients/patients and others and directing them to appropriate areas and/or responding to general inquiries.
- Answering and responding to phone messages or forwarding callers to appropriate health care professional or other personnel.
- Maintaining departmental equipment, supplies and filing systems.
- Performing timekeeping functions for designated staff as required.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.