Job Responsibilities : Claims Adjuster I
Salary : $52000 per year
Company : Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Co.
Location : Remote US
Under direct supervision and following standard procedures, investigates, evaluates and resolves/disposes of general property, casualty and/or workers compensation claims to determine the extent of company liability; may include determination and evaluation of coverage, compensability, liability and damage in accordance with policy provisions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Follows corporate policies, procedures, and fair claims handling practices
2. Investigates claims to determine validity and extent of liability, including:
a. Obtains information necessary to properly investigate and evaluate each case by corresponding with agents, insureds, claimants, witnesses and others
b. Reviews and evaluates documentation, including applications, reports, and statements
c. Monitors appropriate claim outcomes through self-audit process
3. Sets or recommends reserves based on results of claim investigation.
4. Within defined authority, manages, evaluates and concludes claims. Prepares and maintains claim reports.
5. May provide interaction with insureds, agents, claimants, attorneys, and other service providers, including:
Two to four years related experience and/or training; or associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college/technical school; or equivalent combination of education and related experience/training.
A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.