Job Responsibilites: Contact Tracer
Company : Penn State University
Location : Remote US
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Student Affairs is seeking to hire contact tracing specialists to limit the spread of infectious diseases , particularly COVID-19, on all Penn State campus es and in the community. Contact tracing specialists must demonstrate a basic understanding of the infectious disease COVID-19 and will be required to complete relevant job training. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate pr o f essionally and empathetically with a diverse student population are critical in this role. Successful candidates must have the ability to learn new systems quickly and enter data thoroughly and accurately. Contact tracing specialists will be part of a team focused on identifying students that have or may have been exposed to an infectious disease and providing support services that enable student success.
This position typically requires a Bachelor’s degree plus one year of related experience. This position require s some evening and weekend hours. This is a remote position and hours will be determined based on need.
- Initiate contact with students who test positive for an infectious disease to assist with contact tracing of individuals whom they have had close contact with per the Department of Health (DOH) guidelines.
- Facilitate contact with students who has had a potential exposure to provide guidance relative to symptom checking, self-care, isolation, resources available and/or quarantine protocols as appropriate and document notes thoroughly and accurately.
- Follow all scripts, policies, and procedures for contact tracing .
- Comply with DOH, Penn State, FERPA and HIPPA policies and regulations regarding confidentiality of personal information.
- Make referrals to the case management team to provide students with ongoing support while in isolation or quarantine.
- Assist with other COVID-19 mitigation and response efforts as needed such as reviewing vaccination records.
Penn State and Student Affairs are committed to, and accountable for, advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. Student Affairs is committed to the development of a safe and inclusive community that fosters academic, social, cultural, and personal growth.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
University Park, PA