Job Responsibilites : Intake Agent Prior Authorization-Work From Home
Company : CVS Health
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The initial point of contact for Prior Authorization requests from members, providers, and other callers through the algorithm driven automated criteria based prior authorization process. Maintains complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials. Non-yes/no and non-black and white criteria will be transferred to a technician. All clinical questions and judgment calls will be transferred to the pharmacist.
The Intake Agent will also assist with other duties such as outbound calls, monitoring/responding to inquiries in mailboxes and other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
1. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively interact with physicians, physician office staff and a diverse customer base
2. Must be able to communicate articulately and comprehend oral, written and verbal communications
3. Basic level of keyboarding skills
4. Strong working knowledge of PC and windows-based applications (i.e. start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, opening a browser, access information on-line, etc.)
5. Must be capable of pronouncing drug names and diagnosis and recognizing medical terminology
6. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and confidentiality of information
7. Ability to calculate and perform basic mathematical calculations (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks and utilize multiple computerized information systems
9. Essential skills in navigating a software system to document conversations and outcomes
10. Ability to perform work in an organized fashion with focus on complete information and time related deadlines
11. Ability to effectively manage calls and off-line intake functions
12. Ability to work with people in a team environment while meeting individual performance goals
**mandatory overtime requirements**
At least 1 year experience in customer service or call center environment
Previous experience in pharmacy or healthcare industry preferred
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Click Here : Apply Now