Job Responsibilities : Data Analyst
Salary : $80000 per year
Company : Knowledge Services
Location : Indianapolis, IN 46204 US
The Data Analyst will support public health surveillance using programming and data analysis using R and/or Python.
- The Data Analyst will work with a variety of public health datasets to build surveillance capacity, increase situational awareness, assist in the COVID-19 pandemic response, and provide actionable insight across a variety of public health programs.
- Will primarily work with data from Emergency Departments (ED), Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR), case investigations, and Emergency Medical Services (EMS), and other public health datasets as needed. Surveillance capacity includes but is not limited to infectious disease, COVID-19, drug overdose, mental health, and trauma & injury.
- Analysts will also interact with data using surveillance platforms and their supporting databases, such as the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) and the NEDSS Base System (NBS).
- Working directly with program areas to build domain knowledge and perform requirements-gathering for projects and analysis
- Pull data from data-capture systems, such as databases or APIs
- Perform data profiling, validation, and exploratory analysis using cleaning, wrangling, and joining techniques
- Aggregate and visualize data
- Communicate result-sets and present analytic findings to stakeholders
- Build and maintain automated processes and workflows
- Active surveillance of syndromic activity, particularly of reportable conditions and COVID-19
- Monitoring the flow of data into IDOH systems and performing data quality checks
- Creating reports and datasets for internal and external use
- Building expertise in data science, machine learning, and advanced analytics
Data Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or a related field
- One (1) year of data analysis/science experience
- Intermediate-level proficiency with R and/or Python
- Experience with DBMSs, database architecture, and querying using SQL
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Disciplined self-starter eager to work with other public health data enthusiasts
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or a related field
- Two (2) or more years of data analysis experience
- One (1) or more years of public health or healthcare experience
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Familiarity with clinical data and laboratory results
- Familiarity with health data standards such as HL7, LOINC, SNOMED, and ICD-10
- Working knowledge of advanced analytical methods such as machine learning, natural language processing, statistical inference, and modeling