Job Responsibilities : Data Visualization
Salary : Not Disclosed
Company : Momenta
Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Working hours: 8 Hours
Education requirements : Bachelor Degree in IT related Field
Experience requirements : 1-2 yr
What’s The Role?
The individual would be responsible for converting data into captivating, elegant visual representations to help our clients make better, data-driven decisions. He/she will work to interpret and portray data to tell stories in a variety of different client situations. Additionally, this work will drive the next generation of data visualization software products. A successful candidate will have deep background in data visualization, prototyping and building interactive data experiences. He/she will work collaboratively with other data scientists, to bridge the fields of engineering, storytelling, design, and data. If you define yourself as part designer, part data engineer and part analyst, this role is for you.
Your day-to-day activities will include
· Responsible for leading Design thinking, analytics product development and data architecture related efforts within the CoE.
· Responsible for the design, development, and production support of a range of visualizations-based analytics products using tools like Tableau and/or Qlik Sense
· Understand the business and the data and suggest the best visual treatments for a wide range of scenarios. Partner with the Business Intelligence engineers and Data Analysts to deliver optimized visualizations for their audiences
· Lead the complete lifecycle of visual analytical applications; from development of data infrastructure; development of mock-ups & storyboards to complete production ready application. Responsible for translating business requirements to wireframes using applications like Visio, PPT, Balsamiq etc.
· Responsible for the design and creation of visualizations of new high-impact visual applications to make data actionable and facilitate decision making for the internal clients
· Support the Business Intelligence/Analytics data analyst and product owners (as well as other business units) with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively design visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented to internal customers for feedback
· Collaboratively identify the best means to visually depict the intermediate as well as final data analytics results in ways to provide effective process for mining new insights and assisting in decision making for solving complex problems
· Apply design and data analysis techniques to organize the presentation of data in visually innovative ways in order to make it easier to understand, insightful, and actionable by end users
· Lead the complete lifecycle of visual analytical applications; from development of mock-ups & storyboards to complete production ready application
· Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views and document a company wide data visualization catalog
· Understanding of statistical methods and data management concepts
· Advanced skills in working with business intelligence visualization tools.
· Experience working with large, multi-dimensional data sets is required. Familiarity with Big data/databases is desirable
· Experience in developing many different types of visualizations, including visual analytics; real-time visualization for situation awareness
· Experience with other data manipulation technology is a plus
· Develop dashboards/reports to meet the business intelligence needs of brand and Marketing Professionals
· Recommend and develop clear and logical flow in a dashboard/report.
· Proactively look for ways to automate as much as possible
· Ability to work in a matrixed organization and prioritize projects
· Excellent verbal and written English communication and organizational skills
· Strike conversation with clients and ability to convince the concept designed.
What Knowledge, Skills & Experience We Need
· Any Graduation Degree (Engineering preferably CS)
o At least 4-7 years of experience in data visualization
o Strong computing, data visualization, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills.
o Experienced in Tableau with Expert skills
o Experience in Qlikview a plus
o Experience of working on RDBMS databases and writing SQL queries
o Understanding and experience of data wringing and ETL
o Experience of working with high volume data and see the ‘bigger picture’
o Good business writing skills
o Excellent written & oral communication skills
o Good Client management and relationship building abilities
o Capable of quickly, regularly, and independently learning new technologies under the pressure of consistent high-profile project deliverables with review by firm thought leaders
o Comfortable with juggling facts, figures, and number crunching
o Critical thinking: able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
o Attention to detail
· Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.Apply Now