Job Responsibilities: Remote Python Developer
Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients’ requirements. Be responsible for developing and testing solutions that align with clients’ systems strategy, requirements, and design as well as supporting system implementation. Manage data pipeline process starting from acquisition to ingestion, storage, and provisioning of data to point-of-impact by modernizing and enabling new capabilities. Facilitate Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments by assessing client’s enterprise IT environments. Guide clients to the future IT environment state to support meeting their long-term business goals. Enhance business drivers through enterprise-scale applications that enable visualization, consumption, and monetization of both structured and unstructured data.
Strong technical expertise in most of the following:
- Hadoop (Cloudera distribution)
- Spark with Scala or Python programming
- Hive Tuning, Bucketing, Partitioning, UDF, UDAF
- NoSQL Databases such as HBase, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- Experience and knowledge working in Kafka, Spark streaming, Sqoop, Oozie, Airflow, Control-M, Presto, No SQL, SQL
- Expert level usage with Jenkins, GitHub is preferred
- Knowledge of working in the financial/insurance domain
- 6+ years of experience of professional work experience
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on programming experience
- Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; McLean, VA; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Rosslyn, VA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Limited Immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel up to 15% (While 15% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.