Job Responsibilities: Senior Technical Project Manager
Salary: 117752 per YEAR
Company: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Location: Remote US
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams behind the Hulu Disney+ ESPN+ and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment sports and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love while pushing the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
The PlayIO engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to join their team. As a Senior Technical Project Manager for Disney Streaming, you will partner with Product Management to understand business and product needs translate those needs to engineering requirements and collaborate with all impacted teams and external partners to ensure a successful launch of the product or feature. The right person for this role is proficient in both technology and the language of product marketing and advertising.
You will need to move and adapt quickly as needs change. You are encouraged to always maintain a pulse on development progress and manage the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project so that deadlines are met with excellent products and happy team members. If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative environment jumps at the opportunity to work on impactful and complex problems and constantly seeks out new challenges then this is a great role for you!
- Own execution roadmaps for upcoming features and products driving roadmap specifications and delivery
- Partner with engineering product and design to translate specifications to requirements to comprehensive execution plans
- Scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release iterative products
- Own the Scrum/Agile process for an engineering team – including sprint planning stand-ups retrospectives and backlog grooming
- Work with multiple engineering teams to track progress for large initiatives related to your projects in a manner easily consumable by all partners
- Understand the fundamentals of Disney Streaming’s business and their interplay with development priorities to reduce delays in discussions among interested parties
- Working with programs and products leads to author detailed reports for program status schedules task assignments risks
- Investigate track and resolve open issues for any given project through clear communication with a wide array of partners
- Participate in and lead investigations to understand mitigate and prevent quality issues
- Identify inefficiencies in the processes and drive better more efficient processes where needed for projects to be delivered optimally and on time.
- At minimum 5 years of experience in program management
- Experience in shipping multiple features or products simultaneously
- Experience in Agile software development
- Solid understanding of systems architecture design and implementation
- Ability to actively identify dependencies/risks and work with engineering counterparts to mitigate these
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
- Strong attention to detail excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience