Job Responsibilites : Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Salary : $62,400 a year
Company : Tetra Tech
Location : Remote US
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
ENTRY LEVEL MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Mechanical Engineers work on multi-discipline teams and within the mechanical engineering discipline group to specify and design process equipment and processing systems. Systems can be used to convey and separate process gas, liquids, or solids. Equipment in systems can include any combination of mechanical systems which may include but are not limited to: oil, water, and gas separation, gas dehydration, amine sweetening, JT cooling, pumps, compressors, blowers, vessels, tanks, instrument air packages, vapor recovery, flares, combustors, LACT units, heat exchangers, chemical injection, flame arrestors, piping specialty items, and valves.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop specifications and data sheets for mechanical and packaged equipment
- Generate and maintain equipment and piping specialty item lists
- Identify, utilize, and interpret applicable industry codes and standards
- Develop material requisitions and technical bid evaluations
- Take ownership of multi-discipline squad check reviews of vendor drawings and data for conformance to codes and specifications
- Review and contribute equipment information on flow diagrams and P&IDs
- Identify suitable materials of construction and compatibility requirements
- Perform engineering calculations including piping hoop stress, NPSHA, flow velocity, pressure, etc
- Provide mechanical engineering data and input to support development of other disciplines’ deliverables
- Participates in coordination meetings with equipment vendors
- Utilize web-based and vendor software for preliminary equipment sizing and selection
- Develop budgetary cost and delivery basis for equipment
- Develops mechanical engineering budget hours estimates and assumptions for proposals
- Participate in project and client meetings including design reviews
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good communications skills; capable of positive working relationships with staff, clients, and vendors in the office and field
- Familiar with mechanical equipment and systems utilized in industries with which LDIS works
- Self-Starter capable of handling projects with minimal supervision
- Able to work with other engineering disciplines, designers, drafters, and project managers
- Capable of working in the field and fabrication shop settings, climbing ladders, stairs, and working in industrial settings
- Have a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, etc)
Education and Credentials
- BS Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- BS in another Engineering discipline with experience in mechanical engineering
- Passed the EIT/FE Exam
- PE license or eligibility for PE licensure within the next 2 years is preferred but not mandatory.
Relocation is not available for this position. This is an entry level position that will require being in our office and not working remotely. If you meet this requirement and live in the Denver metro area- please apply.
Minimum salary is 62,400.00 negotiable.
This full-time position has the following benefits available: medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD and 401k.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.