Job Responsibilities : Graduate Academic Advisor
Salary : $70000 per year
Company : National Louis University
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
Chicago, IL – 122 S. Michigan Ave.
If other, please specify
Chicago and remote
If part time, hours per week
What you will do:
The Graduate Academic Advisor advises students on academic programs, curriculum, college and university academic policies and procedures. The advisor works directly with graduate students in a variety of disciplines to foster their academic success. The advisor will be the student’s single point of contact on all matters from enrollment to graduation and their success will be measured primarily in terms of retention outcomes. The advisor will assist students individually and in groups via the phone, appointments, or off-site meetings.
- Provide single point of contact advising service to an assigned group of students from admission through graduation to retain students.
- Effectively communicate the curriculum and graduation requirements for program, college and university academic policies and procedures.
- Work closely with academic program faculty and participate in department meetings as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely student records.
- Provide student with general information on the university that students need to be successful.
- Provide career guidance and assist students in connecting with Career Services.
1-2 years academic advising or counseling experience. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in related field. Knowledge of student and adult development theories and current trends in academic and student affairs. Word processing skills, database management, spreadsheets and web forms and Banner. Ability to work a flexible schedule
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Click Here : Apply Now