Job Responsibilities: Graphic Designer
Company: Canada Life Assurance Company
Location: Remote Canada
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives, and talents are valued and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer
The Customer Experience and Marketing design team develop creative visual solutions to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate audiences. They develop the overall layout and creativity for online, print experiences, including full product campaigns for both advisors and external clients. The team applies sound design fundamentals such as iconography, infographics, typography, and photography in creative ways to solve design problems and achieve marketing objectives. Graphic designers work as part of collaborative project teams that include communications and marketing professionals, business experts, and other designers.
This position reports to the Associate Manager, Design in our Customer Experience and Marketing department located in London.
What you will do
- Work with team members and business partners to produce client and advisor design collateral (digital and print), data visualization (charts and graphs), engaging PowerPoint presentations (some with animation), infographics, icons, interactive pdfs with hyperlinks, Word and PowerPoint templates and more, in both English and French. If you’ve got the skills, there are opportunities to create short motion graphic pieces.
- Create final artwork in a PC environment and know the software capabilities and file formats required for various mediums
- Develop work by accessibility requirements
- Collaborate with Senior Graphic Designers, Communications and Marketing partners, business partners, and outside designers on design projects
- Source stock photography, illustrations, vectors, and imagery that bring the marketing message to life and ties in with the target audience and brand attributes
- Consistently and creatively apply corporate design and brand standards
- Prepare packages to send to outside teams requiring support files and logos
- Follow workflow and processes accurately and consistently
- Communicate regularly and openly with project coordinators and production team
- Work productively with team members and business partners in a remote environment
What you will bring
- 3-year post-secondary degree in Graphic Design or Digital Design
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a graphic or digital
- Proficient in designing with Adobe Creative suite of software: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat. Adobe After Effects knowledge would be beneficial.
- Proficient working in Adobe Acrobat creating high-resolution pdf files for production and interactive pdfs with hyperlinks.
- Excellent skills resourcing images for designs that match the brand and key messages that will resonate with the end-user
- Knowledge of the benefits and application of accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0AA) is required
- Skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Thinking outside of the box to come up with an original and creative design
- A creative design professional is open to collaboration and sharing
- Portfolio of personal graphic and digital design work required to be shared during interview Creativity, color balance, imagery, brand awareness, quality, and presentation of work are critical items to be assessed.
- Excellent typography skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to multi-task and prioritize jobs to meet
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent file management
- Experience designing data-based creative and icons are beneficial
- HTML/web design knowledge would be beneficial
- Adaptable to changing priorities and able to hit moving deadlines
- A problem solver who has a desire to learn new programs
- Collaborative, open, and positive communicator
- Known for your interpersonal skills
- Passionate, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Detail-oriented when it matters and flexible when you need to be
- Innovative and like to be different and try new things
- Comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to work productively with team members working remotely
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted