Job Responsibilities: Visual Designer
Company: Rupa Health
Educational requirements: High School
A little about Rupa – The future is personalized, root cause healthcare.
Rupa makes lab testing simple. We turn an archaic 15 hour-a-week process into a delightful 15 min task for doctors, nurses, and even acupuncturists ordering lab testing for their patients.
Lab testing is the key to a more personalized and holistic approach to medicine, and Rupa is paving the way with critical infrastructure for this next generation of healthcare. Through Rupa, practitioners can order testing not available through the average hospital such as DNA testing, microbiome testing, advanced fertility, and hormone testing, and more.
This comprehensive and personalized approach to healthcare is the missing piece for the millions of people suffering from complex, chronic health conditions. Rather than band-aid solutions, our providers strive to understand, diagnose, and treat the root cause of people’s health issues. At Rupa, we are building the infrastructure to make this root-cause approach the standard of care for every person on the planet.
Starting with lab testing, Rupa is bringing tools and resources to trailblazing practitioners who are practicing medicine in a way that truly helps people get well.
Our Supporters – We’re grateful to be backed by world-class investors and advisors.
We’ve been growing like crazy over the past year, with strong and consistent month-over-month growth. In support of our mission to revolutionize healthcare, we raised funding from an exceptional group of value-add investors including First Round Capital, Floodgate (Mike Maples), SV Angel (Ron Conway), Lachy Groom, Trae Vassallo (Defy), and other talented angels.
We’re also fortunate to be advised by the best in the industry, including the Head of Health and co-founder of IDEO, the co-founder of Honor HomeCare, domain experts with backgrounds from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Johns Hopkins, and more.
The Opportunity – Visual Designer
At Rupa, we’re obsessed with our customers and our user experience. We know that a product (and company) can’t be great without incredible design. We hear from our practitioners consistently that our design is a key value proposition: we’re bringing a 10x experience compared to what they were dealing with previously. This is why design is key and infiltrates every part of our company.
We’re looking for our first ever Visual Designer to join our Design Team. The Design team at Rupa is cross-functional between Growth and Product and is responsible for ensuring that the Rupa experience is delightful, simple, and speaks to our customers across the entire user experience. You’ll report directly to the Head of Design, and support in all aspects of design work – from marketing collateral to the design of our practitioners and patient experiences.
- ️ Here are the kinds of things you’ll be working on:
- Creating illustrations and marketing assets ranging from social media, print, email, landing pages, and website
- Designing experiences for our practitioners in the product
- Improving upon the patient experience Rupa currently gives
- Creating animations and videos
Note: you don’t need to be an expert at all these things, but we’re looking for someone strong at a few of these and interested in learning and growing. The role will be shaped to your unique strengths!
Why this is an incredible opportunity:
- You’ll get the ability to work on all aspects of design work at a startup – from marketing assets to website to the practitioner and patient-facing product (and future product lines!)
- You’ll work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineering, Growth and Product Marketing
- You’ll join a quickly-growing team and fast-paced startup environment
- You’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats
Does this sound like you?! ️
- You’re a design wizard – capable of producing high quality, elegant and delightful design
- You’re comfortable in Figma, HTML, and CSS (Webflow is a plus! Or you’re a super quick learner that’s comfortable with using a variety of tools)
- You care about the details and delighting our users
- You have the iterative mindset and the ability to step into a user’s shoes and understand their needs
- You’re an excellent communicator- both written and verbal
- You’re motivated by Rupa’s mission to make root-cause medicine the standard of care