Job Responsibilities : Category Manager, Whole Foods & UNFI
Salary : $100,000 – $125,000 a year
Company : Danone
Location : Remote us
- Create and execute a category strategy that aligns with a customer strategy, Sales initiatives and Joint Business Plans (JBPs) to win Category Stewardship across all Danone categories
- Partner with the customer to understand the customer strategy and Go-to-Market initiatives
- Ability to critically think and provide solutions from problem solving for WFM
- Work with category-specific experts at the Center of Excellence (COE) for enhanced category knowledge and updated research from various strategic category platforms.
- Adjust broad category research so its relevant to WFM and UNFI and present to category buyers
- Participate and build category reviews for all categories Danone competes in (Assortment, Merchandising, Pricing and Shelving Recommendations)
- Educate WFM, UNFI and the Sales Team on customer and business category insights, including category stories that influence the customers to act on our research
- Bring category perspective to customer conversation and customer planning sessions with less focus on Danone brands but developing overall category growth
- Support field Customer Business Managers (CBMs) and Analysts on building joint customer business plans and ensure category insights are incorporated in joint business and customer planning
- Build reporting and share consolidated insights with the Category Buyers that tracks and reports total performance and distributes tools and resources to the Sales and Customer Business Partners
Mine and collect category insights and execute customer category strategy
- Develop extensive category knowledge working with Category Managers at the COE
- Research global trends, trade reports, marketing research, and work with brand teams to identify and react to consumer trends across all categories
- Use market and shopper research to build category knowledge, understand competitive dynamics and implement based on shopper purchasing behavior that supports building a customer-specific category strategy.
- Identify category trends, analyze fair share opportunity gaps, build stories to help expand dairy categories, utilize panel data like leakage and share of wallet to influence and make recommendations to the customer
- Track customer performance metrics that drive the category (Volume / Penetration / Frequency) at customer level.
Build best-in-class practices to share with other category customer teams as well as the Center of Excellence
- Contribute to the Center of Excellence research – provide feedback, results and other studies completed at WFM or UNFI to the COE, Sales Teams, Category Teams and Brand Teams.
- Share monthly highlights and wins as well as opportunities to the COE.
- Analyze category growth projects through the customer return on investment
- Minimum 4 Year college degree in Business or other equivalent with CPG experience (Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Business Administrations, Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, or other applied studies to business related fields, etc.)
- MBA or master’s preferred but not required
- 4+ Years CPG experience in Category Management or within the CPG industry with demonstrated expanded roles and responsibility
- 3+ Years of sales analytics or category management knowledge
- Prior experience managing relationships with retailers or national customers (Retailers or Manufacturers), B2B relationships.
- Experience with syndicated data required. Must demonstrate ability to use either IRI, SPINs or Nielsen point of sale measures to create quantitative analysis.
- Understanding of what panel data is and how to use it.
- Has a clear ability to avoid data paralysis and manage significant amounts of data at one time.
- Must be able to demonstrate PowerQuery / PowerPivot and advanced Excel knowledge (DAX Formulas, Cube Functions), VBA and SQL language preferred but not required.
- Must be able to demonstrate Critical Thinking Skill Set with a desire to problem solve
- Preferably Natural Channel or Distributor Related Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and can build convincing sell stories.
- Ability to Travel 10 – 20% of time