Job Responsibilities : Instructional Designer / Content Developer
Salary : $84000 per hour
Company : Workato
Location : Remote US
Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it’s built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it’s a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We’re proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world’s top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That’s why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why Business Insider named us an ‘enterprise startup to bet your career on”! #WeAreBlushing
All full-time regular employees will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Workato Stock Options at one of Silicon Valley’s fastest growing startups
- Health benefits: Medical, dental, vision for yourself and covered dependents/domestic partners
- Pre-tax benefits: Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid maternity/parental leave benefits for new parents
- Enhanced employee assistance program for mental wellness
We are looking for an exceptional Instructional Designer / Content Developer to join our growing team. We need someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about developing video-based online self-service training for the Workato’s Integration and Automation Platform as well as delivering on-site training to customers and partners. You will also be responsible to:
- Work with a core team of 4 to develop a set of video-based modules and content for various advanced topics of the Workato platform.
- Define measurable learning objectives, for video-based self-service training solution (LMS) and future ILT.
- Storyboard learning lesson in slides, develop scripts, coordinate with video editors and voice-over artists.
- Embrace different formats of self-service training formats, primarily videos, interactive eLearning, screen-recorded tutorials, best practices and How to’s documentation
- Establish rapport and reasonable expectations with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Engage with cross-functional teams who have varying levels of involvement with the training program, and maintain relationships to build reliable internal SME support for the program and your subject area.
- Abide by a timeline of expected delivery.
- Follow a style guide and standards to create training content catering to both technical and non-technical users. Develop standards where there are none and need to be to continue paving the way for future teammates.
- Work on multiple projects at once to ensure continuity of work while waiting on reviews from SMEs and other stakeholders.
- Drive best practices from an overall customer adoption and engagement
- Deliver remote and in-person training
- Use graphic design methods and tools to create relevant diagrams and graphics in accordance with a corporate style to support online learning content
- Degree in computer science, or instructional design
- 4+ years working experience designing video-based or eLearning to train people how to use software.
- Comfortable learning new software.
- Ability to communicate advanced/technical concepts succinctly and in a digestible format.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done. A “people person” who can build internal trust and rapport with ease.
- Fluent with G suite to manage projects and collaborate with others.
- Please share your portfolio with video-based UI demonstrations + walkthroughs using voice actor / narration and examples of self made graphics.
- Proficiency in the following tools is a big plus:
- Articulate Rise
- Google Slides / Keynote
- Snagit or Photoshop or Illustrator or Lucidchart
- Knowledge of automation and integration space
- Knowledge of APIs, Web Services, Relational Databases, and Basic Programming
- Knowledge in using Workato +++