Job Responsibilites : Legal Assistant
Salary : $18 – $20 an hour
Company : Zinda Law Group
Location : Remote US
Zinda Law Group is a rapidly growing, elite personal injury law firm. We handle complex cases and maintain a small docket, enabling us to best serve our clients. At Zinda Law Group, we do things differently. We are innovative, use cutting edge technology, and have a start-up mentality. Our firm is a member of the Inc. 5000 and was named one of the top Firms in the Austin area for 2020 by Austin Monthly Magazine.
We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our growing Medical Records team – this is a permanent full-time, remote position. Our Medical Records Legal Assistants work closely with lawyers and staff to process, draft, and submit medical records and billing requests. This is a great opportunity for candidates with strong technology skills and excellent attention to detail who are looking to grow their career in the legal field.
At our firm, you will have the following opportunities, and more, at your disposal:
- Valuable, Rewarding Work: The work we do makes a direct impact on the lives our clients and our dedication to great legal work always comes first. We are innovative, driven by excellence, and motivated by our mission of helping people who have been severely or catastrophically injured.
- Career Advancement: When working with us, you will always have the opportunity to succeed. We actively support and encourage you to develop your career and grow as a professional and routinely promote from within.
- Continuous Learning: You will be mentored by and train with top professionals in your field from day one. Our own in-house certifications and trainings will help you succeed no matter your level of experience.
- Remarkable Colleagues: When you join our team, you join a group of diverse individuals who are dedicated and passionate about the work they do every single day.
Our core principles are:
- Excellence Always;
- Only the Best;
- Failure is Not an Option;
- We All Take Out the Trash;
- Run the Firm Like a Business.
As a Medical Records Legal Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Process medical records and billing requests from attorneys;
- Draft and submit medical records and billing requests for retrieval;
- Track and process received medical records and bills;
- Follow up on pending requests;
- Follow up on requests that need additional information or documentation for completion;
- Work closely with the team to update them on status of medical records;
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and completed;
- Ensure completion and accuracy of received records, and troubleshoot any issues with incomplete records;
- Communicate with teams to address any issues regarding records;
- Communicate with providers;
- Verify all Provider information;
- File management including keeping all files organized and filing mail and faxes daily.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant with the following qualifications:
- College degree or paralegal certificate required;
- Previous experience in legal or medical field is a plus;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Ability to follow process and procedures;
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent phone etiquette;
- Outgoing and team-oriented mentality;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Dedication and willingness to assist with a variety of tasks.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience;
- Paid time off and paid holidays;
- IRA Plan with company contribution match;
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance;
- Paid Parental leave;
- Opportunities for ongoing training and mentoring by our outstanding team;
- Opportunities to advance;
- Flexibility to work remotely.
If you’re interested in joining our team as a Medical Records Legal Assistant, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter through the link below:
Zinda Law Group is still fully operational during COVID-19. While this crisis poses unique challenges, thanks to an incredible team of dedicated attorneys, paralegals and staff we have been able to continue running our office virtually. We have full remote-work capabilities and technology that allows our team to continue assisting our clients. The health and safety of our team is our number one priority, and we are committed to complying with all local, state, and national orders and guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Zinda Law Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected status as required by applicable law.
Click Here : Apply Now