Job Responsibilities : Law Enforcement Transcript Editors
Salary : $15 per hour
Company : VIQ Solutions
Location : Remote US
As Law Enforcement agencies transition to a technology-driven workflow, VIQ Solutions is a leader in providing transcription and caption-to-verbatim text editing services to various industries – with specific focus on the Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Vertical.
We are currently testing for experienced Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice contract candidates. This is a 100% remote opportunity for Independent Contractors.
Content to be covered includes jailhouse recordings, interrogations, field recordings, and other audio/video related to routine Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice workflows. The work will involve intense attention to detail in discerning what is said and excellent grammar. In this role you will process audio recordings, strictly adhering to style guides, to edit AI-generated text to verbatim transcripts.
As an independent contractor for VIQ Solutions, candidates will have the opportunity to set their own schedule and receive guidance from our supportive, in-office team whenever needed. We have work available 24/7/365 to fit any schedule. Those with weekend availability are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent Listening Skills
- Adherence to Deadlines and Client-Specific Style Guides
- Outstanding Literacy Skills – including comprehension, spelling, and grammar
- Ability to Collaborate Remotely
- Typing Proficiency in both Speed and Accuracy
- Ability to Process Extreme Audio/Text Content (content may be offensive)
- Ability to Pass a Background Check
- Must be a US Citizen. [Currently, this opportunity is not available to Massachusetts or California residents.]
- Experience transcribing and/or caption-to-verbatim text editing Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice content, including police recordings and court proceedings is preferred but not essential.
Candidates without transcription or caption-to-verbatim text editing experience who otherwise meet the above criteria and have a Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice background or interest are encouraged to apply.
Technology is at the heart of our company. To utilize our global, cutting-edge transcription technology, you will need:
- High-speed internet
- Computer or laptop with a minimum of 8 GB RAM
- Noise-canceling Quality Headphones
- Windows 10 (If you are not sure of which version of Windows you have, one way you can check is by pressing Windows logo key + R, type: winver, then selecting OK)
- Antivirus program with daily virus definition updates (Except Webroot antivirus)
- Infinity Foot Pedal (highly recommended)
Rates are paid per audio minute. Payments are made twice monthly via direct deposit.