Job Responsibilities : Licensed Practical Nurse
Salary : $26.45 – $34.62 an hour
Company : The Good Samaritan Society
Location : Edmonton, AB CA
Licensed Practical Nurse
Good Samaritan Choice Program
9649 71 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
The world could use more good samaritans. If you are interested in a diverse and rewarding career within a dynamic organization, then choose a career where people matter; where you are valued, appreciated for your hard work, and supported. Join a team that empowers you to live up to your potential so that you can feel part of something bigger and make a difference in the lives of others.
Focusing on the social model and working in a team environment, you will perform safe, quality resident care and assignments including delivery and reporting of activities of daily living and other duties as required. Using initiative and good judgement, you will carry out a variety of nursing duties, as assigned by the Care Manager or designate to ensure quality resident care and comfort.
You are actively registered to practice as a Licensed Practice Nurse and current CPR/First Aid. Dementia care training an asset. You are able to provide high-quality care for residents with multiple complex needs in a high-stress environment. You have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively in both written and verbal English. You have a positive approach to teamwork. Experience working with families, guardians and professional groups an asset.Experience working with the elderly and/or disabled preferred. Computer skills required.
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
What we can offer you:
- Work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee recognition events
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and if applicable a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
How to apply:
- Visit us online at www.gss.org or apply at https://hrnet.gss.org and create a profile
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.