Job Responsibilities: Mechanical Engineer – Ordnance (Early Career)
Salary: 83800 per YEAR
Company: Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
Location: Englewood, CO US
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision-making goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
- Problem Solver
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
Back to Job Navigation (Qualifications)
Mechanical Engineer – Ordnance (Early Career)
Date posted: Sep. 06, 2022
Locations: Englewood Colorado
Program: CPS COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employee’s families and communities. With employee, health and safety as our top priority and as a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensure we meet our commitments to national security.To uphold safety for all employees we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include sophisticated Hypersonic Technology Glide Body Strike technology and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs. If this describes you come join our team as our next Ordnance Engineer!
In this role you will support the engineering team by performing preliminary and detailed level component and system design development and integration for flight as well as ground systems. You responsibilities will include:
- Support ordnance subsystem integration
- Assist in the conceptual development requirements definition and design of ordnance components
- Perform trade studies to select the appropriate design solution
- Develop product performance specifications statements of work and supplier data requirements for ordnance components
- Maintain engineering drawings specifications and technical analyses to support systems and components
- Ability to work on a multi-disciplined team performing structural design trades detailed design/analysis activity and performance and maintenance assessments of operational systems.
- Provide user documentation and recommendations to data packages to support peer and customer reviews and present analysis data to engineering teams customer technical representatives and Program Office personnel at technical interchange meetings and design reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; or combined education and relevant work experience
- Mechanical design experience
- Knowledge of mechanical CAD modeling and drafting (Creo or similar)
- Prior experience with or knowledge of mechanical and/or propulsion engineering principals
- Knowledge/coursework in or experience with analysis in fluids statics and dynamics and/or heat transfer/ thermal
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance