Job Responsibilites : Med Transcriber-D.I. & HWS
Company : UPMC
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Radiology Support Transcription department part of UPMC Presbyterian is looking for a Medical Transcriber – D.I. & HWS. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, hours 1:00pm to 9:30pm, and working weekends on a rotating basis. The office is located at the UPMC Melwood Building (450 Melwood Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15213) but will eventually be able to work from home once training and productivity requirements are met. The department is looking for previous medical transcription and/or radiology transcription experience, preferably 2-3 years of experience. The position involves editing Voice Recognition generated documents for accuracy and involves all radiological modalities including x-ray, CT, MRI, mammography, etc. Strong medical terminology background is necessary.
Provide quality and timely medical transcription services to authorized users of the entity’s dictation system.
- Monitor the dictation system for STAT reports requiring transcription; the Medical Language Specialist must know the turnaround times of all report types, alerting one of the supervisory personnel if there are several STAT reports awaiting transcription.
- Check all interfaces, including the FAX server, independently as necessary.
- Attain a Quality Assurance rate average of 98% per month.
- Assist healthcare providers and new Medical Language Specialists with the use of the dictation system as assigned.
- Make necessary/designated corrections to reports, which have been returned to the UPMC Transcription Service.
- Retrieve/reprint transcribed patient reports; report information may need to be retrieved from the transcription archives as assigned.
- Transcribe accurately patient reports using the correct formats, punctuation, and grammar, for all facilities.
- Answer department telephone or department voicemail and respond to all inquiries and requests as assigned and following the principles of excellent customer service.
- Report all problems with the processing system, including network/file server errors, according to procedure.
- Transcribe accurately dictation achieving the following production rate: New Graduate: Previous Experience Level 2 6 mos. in training 95 LPH 6 months 140 145+ 1 year 120 2 years 140
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years medical transcription experience or graduate of an approved Medical Transcription Training Program.
- Require to demonstrate proficiency in Medical Terminology, and Anatomy, and Physiology.
- Require to score 15 errors or less on transcription testing.
- Typing rate must be 60 words per minute.
- Require the ability to hear, read, communicate, and understand the English language.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran