Job Responsibilities : Math Teacher (Localisation Expert)
Language : Assamese and English
Salary : Not Disclosed
Company : Khan Academy
Location : Remote Work
Working hours: 8 Hours
Education requirements : Bachelor’s Degree
Experience requirements : 0-3 year
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages. Khan Academy is already available in Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Bangla and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Math expert whose native language is Assamese and is fluent in English. If you are proud of your mathematical abilities, and are well versed in both English as well as in Assamese, then this role is tailor made for you. This is a full-time, year-long contract position.
- Oversee end to end Assamese localization workflow using our translation management tools and systems.
- Drive high quality output from localization partners. Support and resolve queries for the Assamese localization team.
- Evaluating content for standards alignment, cohesion, rigor, clarity, pedagogical approach, and other aspects of quality.
- Creating new content and/or editing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and feedback from users and experts.
- While the role is remote friendly, you will be expected to travel to Assam from time to time to partner with our localization partners.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in math and having great command of English and Assamese language
- Experience working with teams of writers, teachers, or content creators, and you have a track record of successfully coaching teams
- Strong project management skills and are able to think through short and long term strategy as it relates to content creation priorities
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the K-12 or university level, giving you a deep empathy with teachers and classrooms
- You’re a strong communicator, equipped with different strategies for delivering effective feedback and for articulating how to make great ideas and content even better
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiastic about experimentation
- A true passion for education and a desire to change the world for the better
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive professional fees
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Fun team events and board game nights!