Job Responsibilites : Primary School Assistant Principal – SPARK Weltevreden Park
Company : SPARK Schools
Location : Weltevredenpark, Gauteng ZA
Educational requirements : High School
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 17 primary schools and 1 high school and serving over 13 500 families. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal
Purpose of Role:
The Assistant Principal drives student achievement as an instructional leader by providing excellent instructional coaching and professional development to benefit classroom instruction and the Learning Lab. The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in providing teachers, blended learning facilitators, and PE coaches the training and support necessary to be highly effective, professional educators.
The Assistant Principal is integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars
- Ensure the continual professional development of our educators by coaching members of the instructional staff to the successful completion of the goals set in their individualised professional growth plans. This includes designing and facilitating weekly professional development sessions for the whole faculty, as well as arranging for individual professional growth opportunities.
- Support student achievement by setting clear and high expectations for excellent teaching in all content areas. Maintain a regular schedule of observations in all learning spaces and observation review meetings with educators to ensure that they can successfully plan instruction, execute instruction, and implement SPARK Schools’ culture and behaviour management techniques.
- Implement the network’s rigorous curriculum, which aligns to and extends the South African national curriculum.
- Implement online curriculum and small group tutoring in the Learning Lab that aligns to and extends what is taught by classroom teachers.
- Facilitate an assessment and data analysis cycle that allows instructional staff to analyse student performance and identify areas for targeted instruction.
- Collaborate with school leadership team to manage instructional staff, including facilitating termly and final evaluations.
- Participate in the selection of new school-based personnel.
- Responsible for the onboarding of instructional staff members.
- Define and share information about network-wide policies and procedures to parents, students, staff and community.
- Implement disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- English language fluency.
- Clear criminal record.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree.
- SACE registration.
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children.
- At least 2 years of excellent classroom instruction.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Experience and practice with labour laws.
Skills and Mindset:
- Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
- Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social Impact Disruptor and Society Shaper who is leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the accessibility of university and careers for all.
- Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
- Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees
to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
We are looking for ‘’GEMS’’ with the following attributes:
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self-Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
SPARK Weltevreden Park
Expiry date: Wednesday 04th August 2021 at 17H00
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.