Job Responsibilities: Human Resource (Recruitment Specialist)
Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Guardian Life Insurance Company
Location: Remote Work
Working hours: Not Mentioned
Education requirements: College Degree preferred
Experience requirements: Min 3 Yr
Full Job Description
This role is a key member of Guardian’s Talent Acquisition organization for ensuring excellence in the various recruiting processes in attracting top talent to the Company. The Recruitment Coordinator interfaces directly with external candidates and key internal stakeholders (i.e., Hiring Managers, HR colleagues) to support the full lifecycle for recruitment from the scheduling of interviews through the pre-hire and on-boarding activities.
The Recruitment Coordinator will provide critical support to the Talent Acquisition Recruiters, utilizing the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) interface, scheduling of candidate interviews, pre-employment, and on-boarding tasks for various Guardian locations. As a key member of Talent Acquisition with supporting our internal clients and external candidates, this role requires flexibility, exceptional client service, and strong communication skills. Further, the position demands superior collaborative abilities, possession of a keen sense of urgency, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities seamlessly. The ability to think outside of the box regarding troubleshooting scenarios is critical.
Establishing strong working relationships with key stakeholders through the coordination and scheduling of candidate interviews will be a significant component of this role. This will include attaining the various availabilities and providing scheduling resolution where required. In this regard, this position requires the ability to prioritize issues through effective liaison communications with hiring managers, their administrative support staff, recruiters, and candidates alike.
Another significant component of this role is coordinating the pre-employment process for new hires inclusive of the following: monitoring of vendor background check activity, escalation of backgrounds as determined, candidate follow-up, hiring manager, and recruiter updates. Further, this role handles the preparation and delivery (e-mail and overnight if warranted) of all new hire packages; facilitation of attendance of orientation; creation of Employee IDs; initiation of the provisioning of a new hire’s IT and workstation. This role will also be responsible for opening all new job requisitions into the ATS.
- Provides interview scheduling support for hiring activities in all locations for all Recruiters related to interviews with candidates, hiring managers, and all other participants of the interview process
- Coordinates travel itineraries for candidates in need of traveling for interviews
- Provides conflict resolution on all scheduling challenges and keeps candidates, managers, and recruiters apprised of all changes to schedules
- Manages candidates through an interview process in terms of all interview coordination and reception of candidates during on-site visits
- Ensures all New Hire onboarding documentation and correlating documents are maintained during the onboarding process. Provides Hiring Managers with requisite new-hire process/forms for onboarding purposes.
- Manages all activity related to background checks and drug screens and owns the communication to vendors, candidates, hiring managers, and Recruiters related to the status of clearance of both.
- Facilitates new-hire’s attendance at New-Hire benefits sessions.
- Processes all new-hire paperwork including I-9 documentation, and processes in E-Verify.
- Data entry.
- Process-driven with the ability to guide and educate key stakeholders, team members, and candidates through recruiting and onboarding processes to ensure a seamless experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong relationship development aptitude.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and mindset to support a “high touch” approach to work.
- Self-motivated to identify efficiency opportunities; think outside of the box with creativity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to handle competing urgencies with a calm, deliberate, and “can do” attitude.
- Keen attention to detail on a granular level.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of three years of HR and/or recruiting and onboarding experience.
- Prior exposure to ATS platforms is required. Taleo and Workday experience is preferred, but not required.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Remote- Work from Home
- Through skill-building, leadership development, and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life, and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no waiting period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave, and backup family cares.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.