Job Responsibilities : HR Generalist
Salary : 60000 per YEAR
Company : foodguys
Location : Remote US
foodguys is a bulk ingredients supplier and we’ve been coming through for our customers and playing a large role in getting food onto the table across America for over 30 years now. foodguys works within all product categories in the food & beverage space on a national and global scale and have experienced immense growth in recent years.
We are seeking a diligent driven and growth minded HR Generalist looking to expand their scope within the world of HR. This is the perfect opportunity for a budding HR professional with a knack for figuring things out and is excited to take on tasks from all functions within HR. This is a full-time position and reports to our Head of Human Resources.
Come join a winning team that’s been named a Top Workplace in Oregon and Washington on multiple occasions by the local media. This is a fully remote career opportunity.
***Please do not apply before you’ve had a chance to research us by visiting our website below***
Visit our Website!
In order to be considered for this position you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a bachelor’s degree in Business with a minimum of 2 years of work experience within Human Resources.
- A unique ability to figure things out HR is a dynamic field where remaining confident/focused even in the face of the unknown is a must
- A burning desire to learn and expand upon your skills within HR
- Excitement around the opportunity to take on new challenges
- The ability to remain resilient even in the face of adversity
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- The ability to work in an autonomous and fully remote work environment
- Experience with ADP is a plus!
Some of what you will be doing (will be trained to take on more tasks with time):
- Supporting the HR Head’s general administrative needs; including but not limited to: filing organizing and calendaring.
- Tracking employee time off for protected leave using HRIS and spreadsheets
- Performs data entry in HRIS; ensures employee information is up to date and accurate in HRIS for current employees new hires and terminated employees.
- Processes new hire paperwork in conjunction with use of HRIS.
- Process terminations in conjunction with use of HRIS.
- Completing verifications of employment
- Reviewing and completing payroll garnishment paperwork
- Preparing written reports and documentation as needed for company and legal purposes.
- Maintaining employee personnel files and is responsible for records of all personnel transactions such as hires promotions transfers and terminations maintaining upmost confidentiality.
- Reconciling basic employee benefits against monthly bills.
- Performing occasional and/or regular audits of payroll benefits and 401k files.
- Administering semi-monthly payroll processing through ADP.
- Updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions insurance coverage address and other employment/personal information living within HRIS.
- Administering 401k process in conjunction with 3rd party administrator.
- Staying on top of HR compliance including ordering and administering virtual Labor Law Posters as they are released and updated throughout the year.
- Backup for recruiting when recruiter is out or on leave – including posting job ads reviewing candidate resumes conducting phone screens assigning assessments and scheduling next step interviews with relevant parties
Compensation & Benefits:
60-65k Annual Salary
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical vision dental disability insurance life and AD&D insurance 401k with matching company provided financial wellness tool unlimited PTO Employee Recognition Program including the chance to attend an annual incentive trip of a lifetime!
This is a fully remote opportunity *Must be authorized to work in the US*