Job Responsibilities: Customer Support Engineer
Salary: $150,000 – $179,999 per year
Company: dbt Labs
Working hours: Not mentioned
Education requirements: Background in Computer Science, Data Science, or Data Engineering.
Experience requirements: 3+ years experience in an advanced technical support or software development role for a SaaS product.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Respond to escalations by Tier 1 support agents, primarily via chat
- Participate in customer calls when needed to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Become an expert in dbt and dbt Cloud, and help customers do the same!
- Propose creative solutions to answer customer problems and help update and create technical documentation from these solutions to close the loop the next time a customer has a similar issue
- Go beyond the question being asked; understand how our customers define their own success with dbt and help them work toward that
- Adhere to response and escalation SLAs
- Coordinate cross-departmentally to ensure feature requests and bugs are communicated to our product and engineering teams
We are looking for someone who has…
- 3+ years experience in an advanced technical support or software development role for a SaaS product
- A background in Computer Science, Data Science, or Data Engineering
- Experience troubleshooting, optimizing, and debugging complex SQL queries and YAML files
- A passion & enthusiasm for helping customers succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Thoughtful about collaboration and communication with other departments
- Written and spoken English proficiency
You have an edge if you have…
- A passion for data and analytics
- Ability to read, troubleshoot, and analyze Python
- Experience working with cloud-based Identity Providers and Source Repositories
- Experience troubleshooting web applications, protocols, and APIs on a variety of platforms
- Experience with dbt.
Compensation & Benefits…
- Compensation: $115,000-135,000 USD
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
- Application: Fill out questions with this application. Because this role is heavily text-based (ie chatting through a ticketing system with customers) these text-based responses are an opportunity for you to highlight your written communication skills!
- Phone Screen with our Director, Customer Success
- Technical Screen with an engineer and customer support lead
- Panel Interviews with the Customer Support, Solutions Architecture, and Customer Success leadership team
- Final Interview with the CEO.