Job Responsibilities: Librarian
Salary: 79363 per YEAR
Company: US Agricultural Research Service
Location: Remote US
Educational requirements: Graduate
- Studies the programs of appropriate organizations in order to keep abreast of their programs policies and information needs.
- Analyzes search-related data and keywords shifts in research topics and customer information-seeking behavior to spot trends and identify opportunities for improving collections programs and services.
- Creates manages and enhances data representing digital and physical collections.
- Supports collection organization and availability of information on websites.
- Interacts with customers to answer questions provide information about organizational collections content programs and services recommend avenues for investigation or refer to likely sources of assistance.
- Provides guidance to researchers scientists and research leaders on identifying literature and determining the appropriate reviews as well as maintaining up-to-date resources.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Safety and Health – Performs duties in a safe and healthy work environment and exercises caution and maintain all safety requirements.
- Applies knowledge of and adheres to Departmental civil rights policies goals and objectives with a philosophy of valuing diversity in performing everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Contributes to a productive and nondiscriminatory work environment through written and oral communications and interpersonal relations.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) Reemployment Priority List (RPL) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP RPL or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be authorized. The final determination to pay an incentive will be made by the hiring official at the time of the job offer.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window to learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
To view the application form visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11636508