Job Responsibilites : Remote Mechanical Engineer – HVAC
Company : Parsons
Location : Remote US
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Note: The ideal candidate is allowed to telecommute in this role.
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. The Senior Mechanical Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations is expected.
- Independently develops and/or supervises production of Engineering Mechanical HVAC (wet and dry side) and plumbing Contract Documents that meet customer quality requirements. The Engineer shall be able to manage a mechanical project from inception through completion. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing drawings, technical construction specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes, utilizing CAE/CAD as applicable.
- Prepares standard Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier drawing submittals and assists in performing technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Design the sequence of removal for existing equipment and replacement with new AC units while maintaining facility function including required temperatures and humidity (that includes coordination with civil, architectural, plumbing and electrical related work)
- Design the installation process of the temporary units, ductwork remodel, controls, building management system, all for operational facilities.
- Write technical construction specifications, identify critical installations, and provide mitigation plans.
- Design HVAC systems for electronics equipment rooms: ceiling and below floor air distribution, office area, federal government critical facilities, refrigerant piping accessories and calculations, understanding power requirements.
- Travel to job-sites to perform pre-design site surveys, participate in pre-construction meetings, and provide commissioning support for HVAC systems.
- Serve as the subject-matter expert (SME) on all mechanical systems.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8+ years of related work experience in HVAC and Plumbing design.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate required. PE highly desired.
- Experience generating airflow diagrams and selecting appropriate HVAC equipment and duct work for the site application.
- Experience performing heat load calculations and pressure drop calculations using engineering software.
- Experience modernizing existing facilities. This includes designing plans temporary AC while new system is being installed such that critical facilities experience zero down time.
- Experience working at critical FAA facilities preferred, but not required.
- Federal Government experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of CAD (MicroStation preferred) systems and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
- Working knowledge of BIM systems (Revit, Navisworks, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to pass an FAA background check for a position of public trust is mandatory.
- Familiar with the following:
o ASHRAE, SMACNA, and other industry standards
o Central plant heating and cooling systems
o Mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and other building codes
o HVAC Instrumentation and Controls
The anticipated annualized full time target compensation (median) for this position is: $110,000.00.
Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401K.
Click Here : Apply Now