Hagerty seeks an enterprising Associate Editor for Hagerty Insider a growing publication that educates readers about the changes in—and conveys the excitement of—the collector car market. The associate editor’s main responsibility will be producing daily stories for insider.hagerty.com. This includes writing and editing as well as production—building stories in WordPress finding photos and creating infographics. The associate editor reports to the managing editor and works closely with the senior editor as well as with colleagues on the Hagerty media team and analysts in our Automotive Intelligence group. Remote work is an option for this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Pitch report and write stories on the classic car market for insider.hagerty.com
- Assist in all aspects of making daily content—editing photo research WordPress production and creation of simple infographics
- Stay on top of what’s happening in the collector car world—if there’s a record sale on Bring a Trailer you should be the first to know about it
- Collaborate with data analysts from Automotive Intelligence group to incorporate our proprietary data into your storytelling
- Maintain resources section of the website (i.e. our calendar of auctions and answers to frequently asked questions)
- Help maintain editorial calendar (via Smartsheet) as needed
- Assist as needed with production of main Hagerty media site and with special print issues
This May Describe You:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous professional writing/editing experience
- Working knowledge of WordPress (or similar content management system)
- Visual journalism background a big plus
- An interest in classic cars
- An eye for detail—our readers will know if the photo in a story about a 1971 Pontiac GTO actually depicts a ’72; our analysts will know if “0.3 percent” is actually supposed to say “3 percent”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
At Hagerty we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity inclusive employer.
If you like wild growth and working with happy enthusiastic over-achievers you’ll enjoy your career with us!