Job Responsibilites : Remote Telehealth Veterinary Technician (nights and weekends)
Company : Small Door Veterinary
Location : Remote US
About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that are better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians. Our mission is a reimagined veterinary care experience with a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing – delivered with hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. Small Door opened its flagship in the West Village in 2020 and will open a second practice on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a goal of 25 locations by 2025. In building Small Door, we’ve partnered with beloved consumer companies like Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, and Casper to establish our brand and we’re also working with the founders of One Medical Group and CityMD along with people like Temple Grandin to create our experience.
This role is remote and will be communicating with our members using our central communication platform. Our ideal medical professional is someone motivated to provide high quality, patient-centered, comprehensive care in a telemedicine setting. In addition to member communications, the employee will be communicating with our NY based team, documenting their conversations, and working with us to grow our Telehealth platform.
- Remotely triaging patients via our online chat platform and/or phone, including: proactively providing education, recommending suitable treatment plans and assisting in booking future appointments.
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses;
- Providing a positive member experience in telemedicine interactions, including quality of care recommended and tone / messaging with which information is delivered;
- Ongoing collaboration with both virtual and in-practice teammates via constant communication and weekly all company meetings;
- Utilization of your clinical training and opportunities to give exceptional care to patients virtually.
Who are you
- 2+ years of experience as a Veterinary Technician or an experienced Veterinary Technician Assistant (4+ years);
- Must be able to work 7PM-7AM shifts on weekdays and/or 7PM-7AM shifts or 7AM-7PM shifts on weekends
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, for around 20 hours a week or as needed;
- Experience using technology to communicate with patients;
- Skilled clinical and communication skills;
- Diligent worker
- Passionate about pets;
- Computer and steady WiFi connection
What you’ll get
- Competitive wage;
- A collaborative virtual team who live by our core values, vision, and mission;
- A clear career path with opportunities for growth and development, both personally and professionally.
Come join Small Door Veterinary!
Small Door provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Part-time