Job Responsibilites : Sales and Customer Service Representative
Salary : $18.61 an hour
Company : GEICO
Location : Getzville, NY 14068 US
Educational requirements : High School
Sales and Customer Service Representative – Buffalo, NY
Salary: $18.61 per hour / $37,500 annually
Salary with a Bachelor’s Degree: $19.85 per hour, $40,000 annually
GEICO is growing, and it is a great time to grow your career with us! And if you’re the kind of person with a drive to be the best and to solve problems, you could be a perfect fit as a Sales and Customer Service Representative for our Getzville, NY office. We invest in our people, and we’re ready to invest in you. You don’t have to have the know-how of all things insurance, but the know-how-to-get-the-answers. You’ll be the first contact for our customers: answering billing questions, making policy changes, and providing recommendations. You’ll also show our customers the value that comes with being a GEICO policyholder, whether you’re preparing insurance quotes, advising customers on coverage, or converting quotes into new policies. And all without making a single cold call. Be an integral part of the 15 minutes that could save 15% or more. And all while growing your career. So let’s talk, and let’s get growing.
As a full-time Sales and Customer Service Representative, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* which includes:
- Flexible scheduling options
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience providing outstanding customer service by showcasing expertise, fostering trust and growing customer satisfaction
- Experience in sales is a plus, but not required. Ability to convey GEICO’s product offering and value to potential new customers
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume call center environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and ability to adjust to changes quickly
- Open to feedback to support your performance and development
- Solid computer and multi-tasking skills
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; college degree or currently pursuing preferred
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.