Job Responsibilities: Seasonal Full-Time Customer Support Associate – Winchester, KY
Company: Amazon HVH
Location: Winchester, KY 40391
Educational requirements: High School
Our Winchester, KY customer service site is open from 06:00-00:00 (midnight). As a Seasonal Full Time Amazon Customer Service employee your work schedule could fall anywhere in between these hours, and may often require one or both weekend days. You will be expected to work 40 hours per week in this role, with the additional expectation to work up to 60 hours a week if there is a business need, large-scale event, or if peak season requires.Working hours for all associates increase substantially during our Peak season(s) and can increase during other times of the year due to business needs. To support our customers, vacation requests are not granted during our Peak season(s) and identified blackout periods unless otherwise required by law. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays.
- Seasonal employees may remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity for up to nine months, or a shorter period of time depending on business needs.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 per hour.
- Help a variety of Amazon customers by phone, e-mail, and/or chat.
- Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively.
- Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger, or chat tools.
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring).
- Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
- Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed.
- Support a full-time working schedule of 40 hours up to 60 hours based on business needs that may change during the course of your seasonal assignment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent English language proficiency required.
- You must provide a homework area that is free of any distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
- You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
- Amazon provides paid mandatory training and resources for new associates. Please watch our New Hire Training (https://youtu.be/63NrmxUEHKg) video for more information.
- Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork.
- Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous call center experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency.