Job Responsibilities: Adjuster
Location: Remote US
The ‘Apply with SEEK’ option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly in Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the ‘Apply’ option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE. For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits, and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers, and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To handle losses and claims for property and casualty insurers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines insurance policies and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interviews, telephones, and/or corresponds with claimant and witnesses regarding claim.
- Consults police and hospital records and inspects property damage to determine extent of company’s liability and varying methods of investigation according to type of insurance.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant.
- Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Attends litigation hearings.
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probable costs.
- Assists in preparing loss experience report to help determine profitability and calculates adequate future rates.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Obtain IIA-AIC designation within 12 to 18 months. Appropriate state adjuster license is required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental : Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity.
Auditory/Visual : Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE : Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Click Here : Apply Now