Job Responsibilites : Customer Service Representative Sr. – Telecommute
Company : Sedgwick
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The ‘Apply with SEEK’ option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the ‘Apply’ option.
Customer Service Representative Sr. – Telecommute
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE : To conduct operational audit review of new incident reports; to expedite the claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions; and to train Customer Service Representatives as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews new incident and statistical reports; communicates quality issues using application software in a professional and productive manner.
- Acts as primary liaison with customer in solving problems related to the application process and service.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Educates and informs the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system about the documentation required to process a claim, required time frames, payment information and claim status.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customer’s requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Directs customer calls to the correct person at all locations.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Processes escalated calls within the guidelines and timelines as established in the client customer service instructions.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. College degree and/or college courses preferred.
Two (2) years customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in an inbound call center preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledgeable in disability plan eligibility, coverages and benefits
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental : Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical : Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual : Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Click Here : Apply Now