Job Responsibilities : Math Teaching Assistant
Salary : $40000 per year
Company : Art of Problem Solving
Location : Remote US
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003 we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team through our online school learning centers textbooks and online learning systems. Over the years our international online community of advanced problem solvers has grown to over 700000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history we have started expanding into new subjects such as language arts science and computer science.
The AoPS Academy in Lexington/Waltham MA is looking to hire part-time Math Teaching Assistants (TAs) to host weekly drop-in office hours for our students throughout the academic year. This is a great opportunity for individuals who want to work with motivated younger students and contribute to the AoPS Academy community.
Our teaching assistants are expected to:
- Work with students individually or in small groups and provide feedback.
- Help keep students engaged and focused.
- Collaborate with the TA monitor to create an excellent experience for all students.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Strong math content knowledge.
- Experience working with younger students strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the AoPS curriculum not required but a plus.
- This position is remote during the academic year but candidates must be local and able to reliably commute to campus for summer camps July through August.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin veteran or disability status.