Job Responsibilities : Technical Writer
Salary : $19 per hour
Company : Legrand North America
Location : Remote US
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to join the Data Center Power & Control Team from a Remote location.
The Technical Writer will research, develop, and write user and administrator guides/online help, and quick setup guides for Power, KVM, Audio/Visual software and hardware products, with a focus on Power products for the Raritan and Server Technology brands.
What Will You Do?
- Research, develop, and write user and administrator guides/online help, and quick setup guides for Power, KVM, Audio/Visual software and hardware products, with a focus on Power products.
- Analyze documentation projects with a goal of developing more streamlined workflows.
- Create and execute strategies for single-sourcing content.
- Review, edit, proofread, and revise previously created documentation.
- Create graphics, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Interview product managers, developers, and testers for information about product features.
- Attend product demos, training sessions, and team meetings, and do hands-on product testing to become familiar with product features.
- Study requirements, specifications, wikis, and other written resources to learn about product features.
- Obtain reviews of draft documentation from team members.
- Maintain an understanding of user tasks and levels of user proficiency.
- Review software and hardware for accuracy and consistency with documentation.
- Identify problems in documentation and suggest revisions.
- Follow the team’s style guide, and adhere to the team’s processes and workflows.
- Plan and execute project schedules for each assigned project, in cooperation with each product team. Act as project manager for large documentation releases in cooperation with another writer.
- Education: Must have a BA/BS Degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, English, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience: Preference for the ideal candidate is 3 or more years’ experience.
- Excellent writing skills; demonstrated ability in the use of the English language.
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team, with multiple organizational and management levels and functional departments.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven excellence in researching, organizing, writing, and presenting technical information.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, meet deadlines, and be detail oriented with excellent organization and planning skills.
- Hands-on experience with Author-IT desired, or other relevant single-sourcing tool experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat.
- Some knowledge and experience with graphic/screen capture software such as Snagit, Visio, or similar.
- Knowledge about networking and data center technologies and hardware and software engineering terminology.
- Familiarity with power distribution products and/or electrical knowledge desired.
- Familiarity with CSS desired.
Click Here : Apply Now