Job Responsibilities : Real Estate Specialist (CH/AT) – (m/w/d)
Educational requirements: High School
The Real Estate Specialist is responsible for the acquisition of new Tesla sales and service properties. This person will negotiate the lease as well as present the terms to executive management. We are seeking someone who has an analytical and strategic real-estate background to help develop a profitable portfolio of properties within each respective Country/Geo. The individual will also be responsible for the renewal, relocation, and expansion of existing locations. Ideally, we are seeking the experience of someone who has worked for a premium retail/automotive brand or brokerage firm and understands the dynamics of the entire development cycle as the Real Estate Specialist works closely with our Construction and Design team to open locations on time and under budget.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and other market data to identify and prioritize key trade areas
- Responsible for researching and analyzing sites in Europe to established guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Visit and inspect prospective properties to determine the suitability
- Prepare site evaluation packages for executive management
- Negotiate LOI and work letter alongside outside real estate broker
- Negotiate lease alongside outside Counsel
- Effectively manage outside brokerage and attorney relationships
- Understand zoning and licensing requirements per state and works with outside Counsel to establish dealer’s license for each location
- Works with project managers to establish landlord work obligations letter
- Works closely with project manager, design manager, accounting, and finance teams throughout the lifecycle of the lease to determine build-out and capital budget amounts
- Negotiates tenant improvement allowance amounts from Landlords
- Deal with ad-hoc Real Estate related projects or queries.
- Be the point of contact for Tesla Country Directors to discuss real estate matters
- Be the point of contact for landlord interaction on existing portfolio
- Manage existing portfolio, which will involve various tasks, such as renewing/terminating leases, acquiring parking spaces, negotiating bank guarantee returns, actioning lease critical dates, etc.
- Relevant or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimum three years of deal-making for a commercial brokerage or an in-house development, preferably in retail or industrial
- Exceptional ability to gather, analyze and present demographic and financial data in executive-level reports
- Experience with municipal planning and zoning procedures preferred
- Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English required with additional fluency in German preferred
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Valid clean driving license
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Positive Action Employer committed to ensuring diversity in the workplace. All candidates who have the necessary qualifications will be considered for recruitment, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, any disability, and protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable facilities for people with disabilities. If you need any facility at any point during the interview process, let the person responsible for hiring know.