Job Responsibilities : Transcriptionist
Salary : $18 per hour
Company : City of Moorhead
Location : Moorhead, MN 56560 US
Educational requirements : High School
The essential functions of the Transcriptionist position include, but are not limited to the following major duties performed. Duties are listed from most to least important.
- Transcribes dictated reports, statements, interviews, phone conversations, video recordings, and other information..
- Proofreads and edits transcribed information for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews jail lock-up list, prioritizes jobs and sorts hardcopy information.
- Transfers information to alternate storage media, audits files and generates reports.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Attendance at off-site courses/trainings/seminars may be required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months transcription or related field
- Previous dictation experience preferred
- Ability to type 65+ words per minute.
- Must provide results of a typing test with application. Results are generally in form of a certificate from any website providing typing tests such as https://www.typing.com/student/test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The Transcriptionist position requires general knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and office assistance techniques; general knowledge of law enforcement terminology and medical/drug terminology; thorough general knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling and arithmetic; ability to transcribe using a digital dictation system; ability to perform and organize work independently; ability to operate standard office equipment and applicable software packages; ability to type accurately and at a high rate of speed; ability to communicate effectively, both oral and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORKING CONDITIONS
The Transcriptionist work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires reaching with hands and arms and pushing or pulling and occasionally requires standing, walking, speaking or hearing, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Click Here : Apply Now