Job Responsibilities : Work At Home Travel Consultant
Salary : $15 an hour
Company : Park City Mountain
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- Work from the comfort of your own home. No commute and more flexibility.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
- Receive a complimentary season ski pass for you and dependent family members to ski or snowboard at all of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated resorts.
- Receive discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at select resorts.
- Work 6 to 8 months out of the year and receive traditional benefits, such as health insurance and 401K after eligible working hours are reached.
- Take the summer off!
- This is a Seasonal position with an hourly base pay of $15.00 per hour, PLUS potential bonus and incentives dependent on performance.
Develop Your Career Path: To assure At Home Travel Consultants are well versed and knowledgeable of Vail Resorts’ different resorts and experiences, team members will have the opportunity to participate in job-specific training that includes virtual and onsite property and activity tours.
- Demonstrate Vail Resorts Core Values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- A passion for skiing/snowboarding or familiarity with Vail Resorts’ mountain resorts.
- Minimum 6 months of sales experience.
- Must live within 2 hours of Park City, UT or Crested Butte, CO
- Ability to work in-office in Park City or Crested Butte 1 day each month & participate in on-site training & engagement events. (pending current onsite restrictions)
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English in order to establish and maintain relationships with clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to easily and efficiently navigate and toggle between multiple screens, talk and type simultaneously.
- Basic computer issue troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish); additional language skill compensation provided for written and verbal proficiency.
- Vacation planning experience a plus.
- Experience working on a base pay plus bonus and incentive compensation structure.
- Prior experience working from home.
- Past online/virtual training experience, including the completion of self-paced modules and/or virtual classroom courses.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree.
Technical Job Requirements:
Vail Resorts is pleased to provide some of the technical hardware equipment required to perform this role including virtual desktop terminal, keyboard and mouse, second monitor, telephone and headset, webcam, speakers and networking cable.
Final Candidates must provide the following *prior to start date*:
- Dedicated phone landline (cellular phones, or VoIP phones are not permitted)
- High-speed wired internet connection (wireless & satellite internet are not permitted)
- Home office free from background noise and distractions
This work-at-home position requires that the candidate be available to work 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required during peak business periods such as the month of January. Hours will include weekend hours, evening hours and holidays.
Opportunities Available Include:
- Seasonal, 6-8 month position.
- Eight-hour shifts.
- Start Dates:
- September 9th 2021
- Mid-Late October
- Day 1/Onboarding Day: [Thursday prior to Training]
- HR Paperwork & Virtual Orientation
- New Hire Training: [3 weeks]
- Remote/Online Instructor Led Training
- 8:30 pm – 5:00pm
- Monday – Friday
- Remote/Online Instructor Led Training
- Resort Product Familiarization Tours [4 days]
- pending local on-site restrictions
- Multi-day Resort Tours – Lodging & Product Training
- Includes overnight night stay at resort, provided by us!
- Employee only; this particular educational training is not open to friends & family.
- Occurs within first 60 days