Job Responsibilities: Quality Assurance Specialist- Healthcare Documentation
Salary: $17 an hour
Location: Remote US
Quality Assurance Specialists
Full Time, Benefits-eligible, 100% Work from Home, General Shift
- Bachelor’s preferred; Associate’s or relevant certification with equivalent experience required.
- Minimum experience of 2 years as Quality Controller or Quality Auditor in the healthcare documentation industry.
- Knowledge of error grading per AHDI, quality principles, and its applications.
- Demonstrated excellence in quality delivery with attention to detail.
- Excellent English professional writing skills including advanced proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects with proficiency in medical terminology.
- For home-based employees, the ability to work in a secure and private location on a personal computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection and one that can run security software to ensure safe handling of health information.
- Ability to work during regular business hours and outside of regular business hours as needed to meet customer deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and limit distractions to consistently meet deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team and adapt to change.
- Should be credible, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, team player, and empathic communicator.
- Experience with Office 365 and cloud-based productivity tools.
- Proficiency in AHDI Book of Style standards and other documentation standards as applicable in the healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records and ability to navigate through some of the most common EHRs like Epic, Allscripts, etc.
- Familiarity with coding and billing aspects of the medical documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and assess post-delivery charts of Quality Documentation Specialists to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Ensuring integrity of the audits by adhering to the established standards.
- Coordinates internally on error grading standards and directives to ensure assessments are completed to the highest quality standards.
- Review providers specifications and highlight inconsistencies or lack of information.
- Provide advisory on alarming trends noted in category of errors and/or quality issues specific to client or quality documentation specialists.
- Participate and Contribute during biweekly calibration on error grading standards to help build a robust Quality Program.
- Provides advisory and education to the Quality Documentation Specialists through comments and feedback program in the Audit tool as part of improvement strategy.
- Performs duties as required or per directive from the Quality Operations Manager to help run and support the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensure the audit tracker is updated and the data provided is accurate.