Job Responsibilities : Travel Consultant
Salary : $20 per hour
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 18,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
We are seeking motivated customer focused individuals interested in exploring an amazing career in travel.
- Handling inbound calls from customers to assist with booking their travel needs as well as support merchandise/gift card/rewards point redemption processes (everything from redeeming collected points for the latest tech toy to assisting a customer in lowering their mortgage bill or paying off their credit card with rewards)
- Resolve customer inquiries at the first point of contact
- Addressing and clearing out voicemail by returning calls
- Voice, Email & Chat support
- Ability to support multiple accounts, each with their own dedicated tools and technology
- Usage of telephony system & soft phone application involving precise logging
- Educate customers on products, programs, and services such as flights, hotels, gift cards and merchandise
- Customer Service escalation handling and first call resolution.
- Technical and online navigational support and trouble shooting
- Utilize online and internal resources to ensure interactions are accurate and compliant with all business processes aligned with our loyalty program rules and regulations.
- Use of multiple tools, booking and redemption platforms
- Flight exchanges/refunds/schedule changes/involving manual calculations
- Servicing clients across the globe with predominant focus on our clientele within North America
- Email management
- Remain current with industry advancements, Loyalty training and reference material.
- Computer usage (Microsoft proficiency), and internet skills.
- Scorecard metrics in place to adequately measure individual and team performance
- Travel and GDS(Sabre) experience
- Typing proficiency: 45 WMP
- Aptitude for and quickly adaptable to current technology and applications
- Flexibility: Shift work in a virtual call center environment, open 7 days a week until midnight EST.
- Weekly hours of work may fluctuate between 30 – 40 hours
- High Level of Customer Service consisting of:
- Effective listening and attentiveness
- Persuasive speaking skills
- Taking responsibility in managing various situations
- Responsive, critical thinking, solution oriented
- Decision making skills
- Collaborative, team oriented, respectful and professional with clients, colleagues and leadership
- Proactive ability to identify problems (technical; account or client program specific issues), form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures
- High sense of urgency with the utmost level of respect and adherence to privacy and confidentiality protocols
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- High School Diploma or the GED Equivalent
- Travel Diploma an asset
AmexGBT is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement