Job Responsibilities : Work from Home, Travel Consultant
Salary : $15 an hour
Company : Liberty Mountain Resort
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Liberty Mountain is known for providing fun experiences to both guests and staff alike. Help our skiers unlock the ultimate adventure and start making your own epic memories when you join our team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Start Your Career Opportunity of a Lifetime at Vail Resorts: As an At Home Travel Consultant, you will book customized vacation experiences, including lodging and activities, for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned mountain resorts via inbound calls from the comfort of your home. You will use your outstanding sales skills and world class customer service to assist clients in booking complete vacation packages that are best suited to their needs, both on the phone and/or through the online chat service. This is an ideal opportunity for the self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants a career at the largest mountain destination company in the travel and hospitality industry.
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- Work from the comfort of your own home. No commute and more flexibility.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
- Receive a complimentary season ski pass for you and dependent family members to ski or snowboard at all of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated resorts.
- Receive discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at select resorts.
- Receive traditional benefits, such as health insurance and 401K, once 750 service-hours have been accumulated.
- Take the summer off!
- This is a Seasonal position with an hourly base pay of $15.00 per hour, PLUS potential bonus & incentives dependent on performance.
- Demonstrate Vail Resorts Core Values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- A passion for skiing/snowboarding or familiarity with Vail Resorts’ mountain resorts.
- Minimum 6 months of sales experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to easily and efficiently navigate and toggle between multiple screens, talk and type simultaneously.
- Basic computer issue troubleshooting ability.
Must live within 2 hours of one of the following resorts:
- Okemo, VT
- Mount Snow, VT
- Liberty Mountain, PA
- Hunter Resort, NY
Excludes residents of NJ, MA, ME, CT, MD, DE based on business licensing restrictions
- Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish); additional language skill compensation provided for written and verbal proficiency.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English in order to establish and maintain relationships with clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Vacation planning experience a plus.
- Experience working in a call center.
- Prior experience working from home.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree.
Technical Job Requirements for At-Home Position:
Vail Resorts is pleased to provide some of the technical hardware equipment required to perform this role including a virtual desktop terminal, keyboard and mouse, second monitor, telephone and headset, webcam, and Ethernet cable.
Final candidates must provide the following *prior to starting date*:
- **Dedicated landline phone** (VoIP lines are not permitted)
- **High-speed wired internet connection**
- Minimum 20mg upload/download speed (50mg+ recommend)
- Wireless & Satellite internet – is not compatible with company-provided equipment
- Home office free from background noise and distractions
This position requires that the candidate be available to work 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required during peak business periods such as the month of January. Hours will include weekend hours, evening hours and holidays.
Opportunities Available Include:
- Seasonal, 4-6 month position.
- Eight-hour shifts.
- Start dates:
- September 16th, 2021
- October 14th, 2021
- November 11th, 2021
- Day 1/Onboarding Day: [Thursday prior to Training]
- HR Paperwork & Virtual Orientation
- New Hire Training: [3 weeks]
- Remote/Online Instructor-Led Training
- 8:30 pm – 5:00pm
- Monday – Friday
- Remote/Online Instructor-Led Training
- Resort Product Familiarization Tours
- pending local on-site restrictions
- Onsite Resort Tours – Lodging & Product Training
- Opportunities for overnight night educational stay at the resort; pending local Covid guidelines/restrictions
- Generally occurs within the first 60 days